What Is Personal Information?
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Site or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Active Collection: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Site. We collect certain information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account, request a quote, request information, make a purchase, send us an e-mail or sign up to receive e-mail updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, or request information. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, geographic location, and credit card information. We may also collect demographic information you may voluntarily provide from time to time, such as in response to questionnaires and surveys, including gender, ethnicity, education, and interest information. If this information is tied to personally identifiable information, it will be treated as personal information. Personal and demographic information may also be collected if you provide such information in connection with creating a profile or account, leaving comments, posting blog comments or other content, sending an e-mail or message, or participating in any interactive forums or features on the Site. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, promotions, and other activities on the Site. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site.
Passive Collection: When you use the Site, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring Web site, and your activity on our Site. If you access the Site from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device's unique ID, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the location of your device (for information about how to opt-out of this data collection, please see "What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?" below). We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies" or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a Web site. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Site and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our Site, a third party may also set a "flash cookie" on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser or flash cookies, this could affect certain features on our Site. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Site or in e-mails relating to the Site to collect certain information about usage and campaign effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Site.
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We use personal information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
• to provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
• to send you confirmations, receipts, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
• to notify you about important changes to the Site;
• to send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various events, resources, promotions, products and services;
• to help manage the Site;
• to assist you in finding your registration information;
• to notify and contact customers;
• to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• to respond to your e-mails, questions, submissions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
• to monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users' experiences on the Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site functionality and user friendliness;
• to serve ads, on this Site or other Web sites or media, based on the information you provide and the actions you take; and
• for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
What Personal Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Site with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
• with associates, vendors, consultants, and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helix Websites, our users, our employees, our associates, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
• to enforce or apply this Policy, our Terms Of Serive, or our other policies or agreements; and
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, acquisition, asset sale, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Helix Websites.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
You understand that when you use the Site, information you post in profiles, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of the Site, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Site or share through social network sites or through e-mail, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. In addition, when you sign up and create an account, certain information regarding actions you take through the Site, may available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We recommend you be cautious about giving out personal information to others or sharing personal information in public or private online forums. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information. In some cases, there may be privacy setting available regarding the information available to others, and we suggest you take time to familiarize yourself with these options and utilize these settings.
Links to Other Web sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information Online?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may "opt out" of receiving e-mail updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those e-mails. Please note that we may still send you other types of e-mails, such as e-mails about your use of our Site, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving e-mail updates and newsletters. You can modify information stored with your user account by sending an e-mail to . Changes to information in your account do not affect information provided to others as set forth in this Policy. You may also opt out of allowing Helix Websites to collect your geographic location by changing the location settings on your mobile device at any time.
Your California Rights
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing . Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at .